Links to further information
- mesothelioma.net/mesothelioma/ – Mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer that’s most often caused by asbestos exposure. It usually forms in the lungs of those who have been exposed to this deadly toxin, but sometimes occurs in the abdominal area or the area around the heart. There are a number of therapies available that can help prolong survival and minimise symptoms and discomfort, but in most cases the cancer is too aggressive and too advanced at the time of diagnosis to be cured. This disease specifically impacts a thin membrane that protects the lungs, heart and organs within the abdominal cavity and enables them to function properly. This is called the mesothelium and the majority of cases of this type of cancer affect the pleura, the mesothelium that lines the lungs.
– Also, take a look at www.mesotheliomahelpnow.com
- www.meetanostomate.com – An online community for people with ostomy surgery.
- www.ostomyinternational.org An international association bringing You Ostomy Related Information From Around the world.
- www.uaqbi.org Urostomy association – GB & Ireland
- www.the-ia.org The ileostomy & internal pouch support group – GB & Ireland
- www.colostomyassociation.org.uk Offers interactive support, news and practical information for colostomates and prospective colostomates.
- www.C3life.com A website dedicated to helping people with ostomies live their lives to the fullest.
- www.helpingwithcrohns.org A social network sight designed to help people with Crohns and Colitis
- www.stomawise.co.uk The UK support network for ostomates.
- www.living-with-a-stoma.co.uk A guide to living with a stoma from someone who’s doing just that.
- www.indigotherapies.net Reflexology is a safe, non invasive complementary therapy that works on the principle of applying pressure to various reflex points on the feet and hands. This induces a state of relaxation allowing the body to rebalance hormones and excrete toxins. Reduced stress levels can boost the immune system, improve any digestive problems eg wind, loose stools therefore regulating bowel stoma output. For urinary stomas the immune boost can prevent urinary infections and reflexology can contribute to improved kidney function through increased toxin excretion.
- www.fittleworth.net Fittleworth Medical Limited Specialists in Home Delivery of Stoma, Continence and Wound Care Products
- www.hypnotherapy-directory.org.uk Hypnotherapy Directory – Find a Hypnotherapist Near You