Welcome to our Day 9 (the penultimate day) of our "10 days of self-care" & thank you for putting you first & joining us.
Our focus today is to disconnect from our screens, so we will keep this fairly short & sweet!
Benefits of unplugging
- It gives your eyes a break, as well as your brain
- It improves work-life balance
- Gives your body a physical rest. Yes, there is such thing as "texting thumb!"
- Improves quality of life by enabling you to live in the moment
- Better sleep - using your phone, laptop or tablet before bed slows melatonin production, which helps you to sleep
- Decreases headaches and blurred vision
- Gives your neck a break and allows you to relax your neck and shoulder muscles
- It can improve your mental health as you are no longer comparing your life to others on social media
- Increases productivity
- Increased energy
Alternatives to picking up your phone
- Read a book
- Meet a friend
- Go for a walk
- Get back into an old hobby, or find a new one
- Practice gratitude
- Move your body
- Listen to music
- Take a relaxing bath
- Make dinner
- Play a game
- Look through photo albums
- Go for a bike ride
- Make something
- Draw or paint
- Sit on a bench with a warm drink and watch the world go by
- Take your dog to the dog park
- Go through old books and clothes and donate some to charity
- Light a candle and relax
- Book a massage
- Get a manicure and/or pedicure
- Make a bucket list
- Start a journal
We have one day left and want to thank you for joining us and putting that valuable time aside for yourself. Enjoy the rest of your day and be proud of that fact that you have managed to put some time aside for you! Self care isn't selfish, it is necessary.
Disclaimer: As always, this post is from our Social Media & Marketing Specialist, Amy's, experience of living with a permanent ileostomy, Crohn's Disease and from what she has researched. Nothing in our blog posts should be taken as medical advice. It's always best to consult a medical professional if you have queries or concerns.
SHARE TO SUPPORT A LOVED ONE
You can also share this article via our buttons under "tags" below.
10 DAYS OF SELF CARE: CATCH UP
- Join Us For 10 Days of Self-Care
- Day 1: Breathe
- Day 2: Read
- Day 3: Listen
- Day 4: Meditate
- Day 5: Rest
- Day 6: Journal
- Day 7: Nourish
- Day 8: Move
WHAT BLOG POSTS WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE?
We are always looking for new topics to write about! If you have any ostomy life questions you'd like answering or any subjects you'd like us to address, please comment below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOIN OUR SUPPORT NETWORK
SHOP WITH US