Unisex 22.5cm Easy Cut Support Belt
This is a firm-level 3 support belt, suitable for anyone with a stoma or parastomal hernia.
When to wear a level 3 support belt.
- These garments can be worn all day, every day but it’s particularly important to use them during any strenuous activities such as lifting, exercising, or gardening etc to help PREVENT a hernia.
- Also provides essential support for weakened abdominal muscles during periods of coughing, sneezing or vomiting, all of which put tremendous pressure on your abdominal wall.
- For anyone who already has a hernia, this belt provides essential support helping to manage the symptoms.
Benefits of the easy cut belt
- Position the bag opening exactly where you need it.
- Non-fray fabric means no need for hard seams around the hole
- Reduces the chance of leaks by supporting the plate adhesion to the skin
- Reduces the risk of prolapse ( bulging of the intestines through the stoma)
- Reduce the risk of a hernia when performing any strenuous activities
- Comfortably manage an existing hernia
- Option to combine with stoma protector (protecting against unwanted forces) without impeding the ostomy flow
- Gives a feeling of safety and confidence
- Available in two depths to suit your needs
Incorporated ribs help the belt keep its shape and prevent wrinkling
Measuring for a Level 3 Belt
To determine the size required, use a tape measure around your waist but in line with the stoma.
- If herniated – lie on your back and wait 5 minutes for the hernia to relax before measuring.
- For non-herniated situation – Remain standing, measure in line with the stoma site.
NOTE: If the measurement falls between sizes, order the size up.
Measuring guide for Aperture
Available on prescription in England, N Ireland, Wales
The protector offers additional protection against pressures or unwanted forces onto the stoma site for example during certain sporting activities. The protector can also prevent seat belt pressure on long journeys. This is a useful optional extra.
NOTE: The protector can only be used in conjunction with the Level 3 Belt and the Comfishield Backpad, and is not included with your belt purchase.
Benefits & Features of Level 3 Support Wear
- Supports abdominal hernias
- Protects abdominal hernia repairs and helps to prevent a recurrence
- Improves bag adherence potentially reducing leaks
- Helps to manage prolapsed stomas with stretch prolapsed cover
- Reduces unsightly bulges
- Improve appearance, feeling of security and peace of mind
- Integrated Velcro feature for attaching the protector